Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Balumtine'th Day

Valentine's Day...

It's either a much dreaded holiday or one to be excited about depending on what side of the fence you are on. As a kid it's fun. I remember our home school group would get together and we would have the best time with those little v-day cards, sweets and we would have a party instead of regular classes. That was some of my favorite memories! As I got older it became less great. V-Day was a reminder that everyone (yes everyone) had someone, but me. There were a couple of years I had a "Valentine" but one ended up in a snowy mess and and the other with half dead thorny roses...so there is that.  Oh, here is a good one... I was "talking" to a guy while I was in beauty school. V-day in a school full of females is horrible enough but it was the freaking parade of roses that day. I kept hoping all day he would send me flowers then suddenly, a giant bouquet of yellow roses (did I mention it was giant) walked in the door and I heard my name called "Mary Jane?!" My heart dropped and the little girl inside me squealed, he had sent me flowers! Before I could catch my breath I heard "Oh sorry, wrong name!" That moment was BURNED into my poor brain forever.  An hour later my sweet Dad walked in the door with gifts and flowers for me...I don't know if he will ever understand how much that meant to me. It said to me that I am worth something, single or with someone.  I love pretty things, surprises and flowers. (Thanks Dad)  Many other V-day's came and went, there was Galentines (Thanks Aerah for making that SO fun!) and last year I was blessed to have a sweet man in my life who made me dinner and we had candles and french music. Tonight he had me leave my own apartment for 10 minutes and I have been finding these cuties (above) all over. :)

Now up to date... V-day is special to me but not as important now as it used to be. Maybe it's because I have someone who makes lots of days special or maybe cause I'm older and a bottle of wine and Netflix would be great too? Who knows.  Wherever you are on this Valentine's Day know that you are loved and special. Also if you watch this video all your problems will leave. No really, they will after your giggles stop!

- Mary Jane
Thank you Dave Barnes -->

No comments:

Post a Comment