Thursday, March 7, 2013

Love Notes

I love making things. A day isn't good for me unless I make/create something. Whether it is something artistic or doing something to someones hair. 

For Valentine's day I wanted to make something for my boyfriend. He seems to appreciate hand made gifts more than just stuff. Every month on our "anniversary" I give him a card. I thought it would be fun to make him a box that he could keep them in. 

I went to Hobby Lobby and got a photo storage box. I wrote on it and painted it and hated it. I added more paint and it was even uglier. It wasn't until actual V-day that I decided to modge podge old book pages to the box part  I left the top alone because It has a fun photo of us on it. I finally liked it! (I love modge podge) And there you have it. :)  A Love Note box:) - Mary Jane

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I need to allow myself the freedom to create something every day--even if it absolutely sucks--just for creativity's sake.

    ReplyDelete